2019 Summer Intensives
Develop your technique and artistry with the official school of Atlanta Ballet, the oldest professional dance company in the United States. Interested dancers must audition for admission to one of the Atlanta Ballet Summer Intensives. Details are available below.
Professional Summer Intensive
The 2019 audition tour begins in January 2019.
If you are unable to attend an in-person audition, absentee auditions are also accepted. Submissions will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis pending availability in our Summer Intensives.
The absentee audition form is coming soon.
"Centre for Dance Education Professional Summer Intensive;" video by Brian Wallenberg.
- Challenging curriculum designed to bring out the best in you as a dancer. Past sessions have included:
- Men’s Classes
*Classes subject to change.
In-studio performance opportunity at the end of each session.
Meal plans and housing with transportation to the studios available. Additional fees apply.
Access to on-site physical therapy. Additional fees apply.
Chance to experience all that Atlanta has to offer with fun, guided group excursions. Past sessions have included trips to the Atlanta Botanical Garden and the Georgia Aquarium. Additional fees apply.
*Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education does not provide make-up classes for Summer Programs.
Faculty & Mentors
Atlanta Ballet Summer Intensives students have the opportunity to train with Atlanta Ballet company dancers, outstanding faculty, and master guests teachers.
*2019 Summer Intensive instructors have not been announced. Please check back for updates.
List of 2018 Summer Intensive mentors:
- Gennadi Nedvigin, Artistic Director
- Sharon Story, Dean
- Rebekah Diaddigo, Founder of Bluebird Uncaged and Dancer at Ballet Southeast
- Nathan Griswold, Co-founder of Fly on a Wall
- Aaron James, Professional Actor and Dancer
- Nina Markman, Faculty at BIO Gymnastics
- Viktor Plotnikov, Former Principal Dancer with Boston Ballet and Current Resident Choreographer with Festival Ballet
- Larissa Ponomarenko, Former Principal Dancer and Current Ballet Master at Boston Ballet
- Julianne Spratlin, Retired Solist at San Francisco Ballet and Director/Owner of The Dance Training Center/San Francisco
- Roman Rykine, Ballet Master
- Dale Shields, Ballet Mistress
- Sarah Hillmer, Ballet Mistress
- Armando Luna, Full-time Centre for Dance Education Faculty
- Serena Chu, Full-time Centre for Dance Education Faculty
- Abigail Tan-Gamino, Full-time Centre for Dance Education Faculty
- Carol Szkutek, Full-time Centre for Dance Education Faculty
- Lonnie Davis, Centre for Dance Education Faculty
- Nadia Mara, Atlanta Ballet Company Dancer
- Moisés Martín, Atlanta Ballet Company Dancer
Please note: Each student will not have classes with every faculty member listed. Due to scheduling constraints, visiting faculty are usually not available for the entire program and are subject to change.
2019 rate information coming soon
All payments are non-refundable.
The Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education also offers a limited number of need-based scholarships for the Summer Intensives. The 2018 application process is now closed.
Auditions for Atlanta Ballet 2
Atlanta Ballet 2 auditions for the 2019|2020 Season will take place at select locations during the 2019 Summer Intensives audition tour. Please reference the audition tour page for details. Learn more about the Atlanta Ballet 2 program.
Please note, dancers auditioning for Atlanta Ballet 2 should be at least 16 years of age.
Audition fee is $40 for in-person and absentee auditions.
Atlanta, GA - February 16
Boston, MA - January 21
Chicago, IL - January 27
Houston, TX - February 10
Miami, FL - January 26
New York, NY - January 19
San Francisco, CA - January 13
Atlanta Ballet 2 absentee audition information is coming soon.
For information, call Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education at 404.873.5811 x1106. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.