2018 Summer Intensives
Develop your technique and artistry with the official school of Atlanta Ballet, the oldest professional dance company in the United States. Interested dancers must audition for admission to one of the Atlanta Ballet Summer Intensives. Details are available below.
Summer Intensive: Intermediate
|Summer Intensive: Advanced
June 25 - July 27, 2018
Michael C. Carlos Dance Centre
Ages 12 and up
Summer Intensive: Professional
"Centre for Dance Education Professional Summer Intensive;" video by Brian Wallenberg.
- Challenging curriculum designed to bring out the best in you as a dancer. Past sessions have included:
- Men’s Classes
- Nutrition for Dancers
*Classes subject to change.
In-studio performance opportunity at the end of each session.
Meal plans and housing with transportation to the studios available. Additional fees apply.
Access to on-site physical therapy. Additional fees apply.
Chance to experience all that Atlanta has to offer with fun, guided group excursions. Past sessions have included trips to the Atlanta Botanical Garden and the Georgia Aquarium. Additional fees apply.
*Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education does not provide make-up classes for Summer Programs.
Faculty & Mentors
Atlanta Ballet Summer Intensives students have the opportunity to train with Atlanta Ballet company dancers, outstanding faculty, and master guests teachers.
2018 Summer Intensive mentors:
- Gennadi Nedvigin, Artistic Director
- Sharon Story, Dean
- Caroline Cavallo, Retired Royal Danish Ballet Principal Dancer
- Stephen Pier, Dance Division Director of The Hartt School
- Viktor Plotnikov, Former Principal Dancer with Boston Ballet and Current Resident Choreographer with Festival Ballet
- Larissa Ponomarenko, Former Principal Dancer and Current Ballet Master at Boston Ballet
- Sergey Rayevskiy, Artistic Director of Ballet Detroit
- Julianne Spratlin, Retired Solist at San Francisco Ballet and Director/Owner of The Dance Training Center/San Francisco
- Roman Rykine, Ballet Master
- Dale Shields, Ballet Mistress
- Sarah Hillmer, Ballet Mistress
- Armando Luna, Principal Faculty
- Carol Szkutek, Centre for Dance Education Faculty
Please note: Each student will not have classes with every faculty member listed. Due to scheduling constraints, visiting faculty are usually not available for the entire program and are subject to change.
2018 rate information is coming soon.
No refunds. Click here for details.
Audition fee: $40
Please bring a completed audition form with you to your audition.
Absentee auditions will also be accepted after January 1, 2018.
Auditions for Atlanta Ballet 2
Auditions for Atlanta Ballet 2, Atlanta Ballet's newest initiative representing the top-tier of the Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education, will also take place during the audition tour in the following cities: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Miami Beach, New York City, and San Francisco. Dates and times are available here. Click here to learn more about Atlanta Ballet 2. Please note, dancers auditioning for Atlanta Ballet 2 should be at least 16 years of age.