2017 Summer Intensives
Develop your technique and artistry with the official school of Atlanta Ballet, the oldest professional dance company in the United States. Interested dancers must audition for a spot in one of the Atlanta Ballet Sumemr Intensives. Details are available below.
Summer Intensive: Intermediate
|Summer Intensive: Advanced
June 26 - July 28, 2017
Michael C. Carlos Dance Centre
Ages 12 and up
Summer Intensive: Professional
"Centre for Dance Education Professional Summer Intensive;" video by Brian Wallenberg.
- Challenging curriculum designed to bring out the best in you as a dancer. Past sessions have included:
- Pas de Deux
- Men’s Classes
- Nutrition for Dancers
*Classes subject to change.
Meal plans and housing with transportation to the studios available. Additional fees apply.
Access to on-site physical therapy. Additional fees apply.
Chance to experience all that Atlanta has to offer with fun, guided group excursions. Past sessions have included trips to the Atlanta Botanical Garden and the Georgia Aquarium.
In-studio performance opportunity at the end of each session.
*Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education does not provide make-up classes for Summer Programs.
Faculty & Mentors
Summer Intensive students have the opportunity to train with Atlanta Ballet company dancers, outstanding faculty, and master guests teachers.
- Gennadi Nedvigin, Artistic Director
- Sharon Story, Dean
- Larissa Ponomarenko, Former Principal Dancer and Current Ballet Master at Boston Ballet
- Viktor Plotnikov, Former Principal Dancer with Boston Ballet and Current Resident Choreographer with Festival Ballet
- Stephen Pier, Dance Division Director of The Hartt School
- Roman Rykine, Ballet Master
- Dale Shields, Ballet Mistress
- Sarah Hillmer, Ballet Mistress
- Rachel Van Buskirk, Atlanta Ballet Company Member and Professional Intensive Mentor
- Christian Clark, Atlanta Ballet Company Member and Professional Intensive Mentor
- Armando Luna, Principal Faculty
- Mary Linn Durbin, Centre for Dance Education Faculty
- Carol Szkutek, Centre for Dance Education Faculty
Please note: Each student will not have classes with every faculty member listed. Due to scheduling constraints, visiting faculty are usually not available for the entire program and are subject to change.
Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education also offers a limited number of scholarships for the Summer Intensives. Click here for the summer scholarship form. Applications are due March 1, 2017. Summer scholarships are only applicable for the Intermediate, Advanced, and Professional Intensives at the Michael C. Carlos Dance Centre. Honor scholarships will also be awarded during the audition tour.
No refunds. Click here for details.
Auditions for Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education Fellowship Division
The Fellowship Division is the highest level within the Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education. It was created with a mission to give young dancers the opportunity to develop in a nurturing atmosphere that will groom them to become professional dancers and illustrate what is expected of them in an artistic community. The program represents a commitment by Atlanta Ballet and Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education to work closely together to train exceptional young dancers. Click here to learn more about the Fellowship Division. Please note, dancers auditioning for the Fellowship program should be at least 16 years of age.
Students may also audition for the Fellowship Division during the Atlanta Ballet Summer Intensive audition tour.