Sign up for our Free Bun Clinic on April 22
The Big Bun Theory
Learn how to master the perfect ballet bun at this free workshop with the Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education!
When: April 22, 2018 at 1:00pm
Where: Atlanta Ballet's Michael C. Carlos Dance Centre | 1695 Marietta Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
This event is FREE and open to the public.
Register with any Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education front desk or by calling 404.873.5811 x316.
*Attendees must bring their own supplies*
- Brushes (natural or synthetic bristle, paddle, and/or round)
- Combs (wide tooth and/or rattail)
- Hair pins – loose hold, best for buns and rolls
- Bobby pins: jumbo – thick hair, regular – average thickness, mini – fine hair
- Snap clips (helpful with bangs and short hair)
- Hair nets
- Doughnuts and/or socks
- Hair spray or air spray
- Hair bands – covered elastic
- Bun starter kit ($5 – availabe in the on-site Atlanta Ballet Boutique) – not required, but available if needed
What the event entails:
- Dancer demonstration featuring Pre-professional Division students
- Why is a good bun important?
- Good dancer habits to follow
- Supplies review
- Types of buns – low, mid, and crown
- Hair type tips and tricks – thick, thin, bobs, and bangs
- Practice and guidance from staff and Pre-professional Division students